Get Involved in STEM: The Jobs of the Future

Eric Lin, Staff Writer

STEM Career  

Are you interested in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math? Did you know the demand for STEM graduates is twice the amount of non-STEM graduates? There is a meeting taking place in different schools where STEM professionals talk about what they do. If you’re interested in a STEM Field, don’t miss these interviews that is taking place in different schools in CNY.

Who: For students age 14+, from any of the CNY School District. Parents and teachers are welcome too. This program is also free. We want as many students as possible to be able to explore all that CNY has to offer in STEM careers!

Where: Programs will be held in different schools (check below for more details)

What: the format will consist of presentation, activities, and discussion with stem professionals.

Register: Register at www.cnystem.com/explore-careers.html

Date Time School Featuring/Topics
November 9th 6:30 to 8:00 P.M. Oswego High School   Presenting by the Oswego County employers
November 30th 6:30 to 8:00 P.M. Syracuse Institute of Technology Bristol Myers-Squibb

(Bio-Pharma)

January 25th 6:30 to 8:00 P.M. W. Genesee High School The C&S Companies

(Engineering,

Architecture, and Environment)

February 28th 6:30 to 8:00 P.M. Liverpool Middle School King & King Architects

(Designing the learning spaces of tomorrow)

March 29 6:30 to 8:00 P.M. W. Genesee High School Anoplate; United Radio

(Meeting companies recruiting candidates with skill)

May 3 (Award Ceremony) 6:30 to 8:00 P.M. ESM High School Engineering: electrical, software/computer, systems and more..

Note: Students who attend at least 4 of the programs will receive a certificate recognizing their participation. If you have any question, please contact Joe Vargo (315)448-1012.