Teen Book Fest is Coming!

The crowd at a previous Teen Book Fest

The crowd at a previous Teen Book Fest

Amanda Brown, Staff Writer

Spring has arrived (sort of), students across the nation are running homestretch of the school year, and Teen Book Fest will be here shortly.

Maybe you’re an avid reader, or maybe you’re someone who simply enjoys picking up a good book now and then. You might even just be looking for a fun Saturday getaway. Whatever the case, Teen Book Fest is for you and you are guaranteed to have an interesting day away from home.

With the help of Miss Speer, I have gathered all the details about the trip, for those who are interested in attending the festival. Teen Book Fest is free (aside from the optional purchase of food or merchandise) and will take place on May 20th at Nazareth College in Rochester. Students in grades seven through twelve will be allowed to attend. Attendees will need their own transportation to and from the high school, where they will meet before leaving for the college on a bus. The bus will depart from the school at 7:00am and will return around 6:00pm.

Freshman Lauren Picciano attended the event last year and enjoyed herself. “I liked how there was a lot of options, like the lectures, to go to. Also, the mac and cheese at the food truck was amazing!”

Throughout the day, students will be able to meet authors, hear them give presentations, attend workshops on topics such as writing and creating illustrations, and get autographs from authors attending the festival.*

There will be books, t-shirts, bags, and other merchandise available for purchase at Teen Book Fest. There will also be vendors selling things like jewelry, hats, and more, stationed across the campus.  

For those considering this opportunity, there will be a meeting tenth period about Teen Book Fest on Wednesday, May 3rd, at which students will sign up for the trip and make a plan for how they will spend their day. Ms. Speer will provide additional information about Teen Book Fest at this meeting, as well. You can also find out more about the festival by visiting https://www.teenbookfest.org/.
*For a list of authors attending the festival, visit https://www.teenbookfest.org/authors/