Which NFL Team Has a Special Place in Your Heart?

Mike Procino, Staff Writer

The NFL has grown to be very popular among adolescents.By the time they reach middle school, most kids have a favorite team.  Many people believe rooting for your home team is a necessity.  After what extensive research it was found that many students enjoy other teams from out of state. Overall as a school, there is a very diverse selection because many students like different teams. A survey was taken of some of the many teams followed by students.

Junior, JJ O’Connor is a fan of the Indianapolis Colts.  “I’ve always liked them since Peyton (Manning) was on the team.  I stayed true to my team even though he moved on but we now have a younger QB now so I’m sticking with them through thick and thin”.

Junior, Troy Silcox is a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers.  “I liked them since I was mad little back in the Jerome Bettis days”. Many kids have had a love for their team since middle school.

Ten more students were surveyed for a total of twelve. The results are shown below.

Colts-2

Broncos-1

Giants-1

Steelers-2

Eagles-2

Rams-1

Packers-1

Panthers-1

Cardinals-1

Everyone has a different reason for liking the teams they do. These twelve students are only a few out of the  jr./sr. high school population.  Not everyone in the school watches the NFL but for those of you who do, who will you root for?