How To Get Away With Murder: “Go Cry Somewhere Else” Review

Christopher Chalker, Staff Writer

What could be worse than spending time in prison for a crime you didn’t commit? Not much if you are in the shoes of Annalise Keating (Viola Davis) or Frank Delfino (Charlie Weber)

This episode wraps up the prison arc for Annalise, adds another question to “The Framing” of Annalise for setting the fire that killed Wes Gibbins (Alfred Enoch), injured Laurel Castillo (Karla Souza) and set her home ablaze (obviously).

This episode marks the return of Cicely Tyson as Ophelia Harkness and Annalise’s father. This episode stars the main cast members: Liza Weil as Bonnie Winterbottom, an associate of Annalise’s, Jack Falahee as Connor Walsh, a Middleton law student and the only one of the Keating Five that is strangely not grieving over Wes’ death. Aja Naomi King as Michaela Pratt, another Middleton law student who seems to be a mini-Annalise in the making. Matt McGorry as Asher Millstone, son of the now deceased federal judge Millstone. Conrad Ricamora as Oliver Hampton, the techie of the group. Finally, Billy Brown as Nate Lahey, a Philadelphia detective who was romantically involved with Annalise

Wes’ Memorial

Laurel, Michaela, Asher, Connor, and Oliver all present for a memorial in honor of Wes. At the memorial, Laurel is asked to speak and she calls everyone there out for being fake, stating that they did not really even know Wes and no one really cares that he is dead, more happy because “that just means that you went up one spot.”

Outside of the church, Oliver takes a call, it’s the police. They want to interview him, thinking he is screwed either way, Oliver tells them he will be there. The group preps him for the interview by grilling him on the questions they end up asking.

The new plot twist…

It seems as though we are missing something… like a body. Wes’ body has been moved and no one knows where it is. As pointed out by Bonnie, this “coincidence” lines up with her asking for Annalise to get out of jail.

Nate and Laurel go to see Wes’ body, but they discover it isn’t there. Nate brings this up to others, mentioning a conspiracy by the DA’s office against Annalise Keating and her associates. The DA shows Nate a signed form to move the body, it’s Nate’s signature… someone is framing him.

Prison Life

Annalise meets with her father and her mother. She figures out her mother has dementia when she continues to talk about turning herself in to protect Annalise from the fire murder, thinking it is the same fire that Ophelia set to kill Annalise’s uncle, Clyde Harkness, who molested Annalise.

Annalise watches a cellmate meet with her kids before she returns to her cell. She accuses the cellmate of molesting her children, she bases the comment off of how they reacted when the cellmate tries to hug her children. The cellmate becomes aggravated and beats Annalise. Annalise is let out thanks to this and the efforts of Bonnie, who says that Annalise will die in prison if she stays and that if she is released she will not be a fly risk. Annalise is released and has dinner with her parents.

Laurel meets with Frank, trying to hear what Wes’ last words were. Frank doesn’t respond, making Laurel believe that Frank did not kill Wes. Frank later fires his lawyer and calls Bonnie, arranging a meeting between the two.