Big Brother 20 Week 2 Recap

Big Brother 20 Week 2 Recap

Chris Chalker, Student Life Editor

The second week of the game has proven to be just as crazy as the first as the house is in chaos and another houseguest is set to be evicted.

Let’s recap the week and get into the eviction and the voting.

Head of Household

As mentioned in my Week 1 review, Kaitlyn Herman, the houseguest who flipped on her alliance last week and voted out Steve Arienta, also managed to win Head of Household. She wants to take out houseguest Chris Williams for what happened last week (the fact that he and others in Herman’s alliance talked bad about her behind her back) and she decides to nominate Winston Hines and Scottie Salton as pawns so that she can backdoor Chris and have him evicted on eviction night this week.

Picking Players For The Veto Competition

The houseguests pick players by random draw for the veto competition. Only six players will participate in the veto competition: the Head of Household, the two nominees, and three other players selected by random draw.

Kaitlyn Herman picks a houseguest choice chip. She chooses Faysal Shafaat to play in the power of veto competition.

Scottie Salton picks Rachel Swindler’s chip, so she will be playing in the veto too.

Winston Hines picks Tyler Crispen’s chip, so the outgoing HOH will be participating in the veto.

Veto Competition

The veto competition is themed after a dating site and is called “HouseguestsOnly.com”.

The goal of the competition is to correctly match the cutouts of past houseguests Mike “Boogie” Malin (who placed 8th in Big Brother 2, placed 10th in Big Brother 14, and was crowned the winner of Big Brother All-Stars),  Jodi Rollins (who placed 16th in her season), Jozea Flores (who placed 15th in Big Brother 18), Michelle Meyer (who placed 7th in Big Brother 18), McCrae Olson (who placed 4th in Big Brother 15), and Cody Calafiore (who was the runner-up of Big Brother 16) at one of the six various “date spots” set up in the backyard based on the information displayed in their “dating profile”. The houseguest who completes this challenge in the shortest amount of time will win the power of veto and can remove either Winston Hines or Scottie Salton from the block and a new houseguest will be nominated by Kaitlyn Herman for eviction or leave her nominations intact.

The houseguest with the fastest time was Tyler Crispen, so he has won the power of veto.

Veto Meeting

Tyler Crispen decides to use the power of veto on Scottie Salton, saving him from eviction and forcing Kaitlyn Herman to renominate a houseguest in Salton’s place. Kaitlyn follows through with her plan to backdoor Chris Williams and names him the replacement nominee, baffling her former alliance members and sending the house into chaos.

Eviction Night

With Chris Williams and Winston Hines on the block and facing eviction tonight, tensions within the house are at an all time high. Bayleigh is enraged that he showmance is on the block and possibly going home but she decides to try and play nice with Kaitlyn. The fallout of the blind side has destroyed the FOUTTE alliance and split the house. Faysal feels betrayed and stuck in the middle because he is close to both Kaitlyn and Chris but doesn’t know if he can trust Kaitlyn anymore after this. Chris goes and talks to Kaitlyn and Tyler and starts to plead his case and tries to sway her vote in the event of a tie during eviction night. Chris also talks to Sam, having his first “real” conversation with her in which he explains a little bit about himself, like how his mom left him when he was young, he lived with his dad, went to 17 different schools in 8 years, and his dad was found dead, which is what prompted him to take on the persona of “Swaggy C”.

Voting

As with every week, neither nominee is allowed to vote and Head of Household Kaitlyn Herman is only allowed to vote in the event of a tie. The houseguests now enter the diary room individually and cast their votes to evict either Chris Williams or Winston Hines.

Bayleigh Dayton has voted to Winston Hines

Brett Robinson has voted to evict Chris Williams

Kaycee Clark has voted to evict Chris Williams

Tyler Crispen has voted to evict Chris Williams

Angie Lantry has voted to evict Winston Hines

Hayleigh Broucher has voted to evict Winston Hines

Faysal Shafaat has voted to evict Winston Hines

Scottie Salton has voted to evict Chris Williams

JC Mounduix has voted to evict Chris Williams

Angela Rummans has voted to evict Chris Williams

Rachel Swindler has voted to evict Chris Williams

Sam Bledsoe has voted to evict Chris Williams

By a vote of 8-4, Chris Williams is the second houseguest to be evicted from the Big Brother house.

Head of Household Competition

Following Chris’ eviction and exit interview with Julie Chen, the remaining houseguests competed in the Head of Household competition. The winner will nominate two houseguests for eviction and be granted immunity for the week. The competition is called “Product Launch”. After watching a series of videos the houseguests will be quizzed on what they just saw. If they answer correctly, they stay in the game. If they answer incorrectly, they are eliminated from the competition.

Question 1

Answered correctly: Angie Lantry, Scottie Salton, Rachel Swindler, Faysal Shafaat, Tyler Crispen, Angela Rummans, Hayleigh Broucher, JC Mounduix, Bayleigh Dayton, Winston Hines, Brett Robinson

Answered incorrectly: Kaycee Clark

Kaycee is eliminated from the competition.

Question 2

Answered Correctly: Angie Lantry, Scottie Salton, Rachel Swindler, Faysal Shafaat, Sam Bledsoe

Answered Incorrectly: Tyler Crispen, Angela Rummans, Hayleigh Broucher, JC Mounduix, Bayleigh Dayton, Winston Hines, Brett Robinson

Tyler, Angela, Hayleigh, JC, Bayleigh, Winston, and Brett have all been eliminated from the competition.

Question 3

Answered Correctly: Angie Lantry, Scottie Salton, Rachel Swindler, Faysal Shafaat

Answered Incorrectly: Sam Bledsoe

Sam has been eliminated from the competition.

Question 4

Answered Incorrectly: No one

Angie, Scottie, Rachel, and Faysal are all still in the competition.

Question 5

Answered Correctly: Rachel Swindler, Scottie Salton, Faysal Shafaat

Answered Incorrectly: Angie Lantry

Angie has been eliminated from the competition.

Question 6

Answered Correctly: Rachel Swindler, Scottie Salton

Answered Incorrectly: Faysal Shafaat

Faysal has been eliminated from the competition, meaning Scottie or Rachel will be the next Head of Household.

Question 7

Answered Incorrectly: No one

Since neither contestant was eliminated and there are no more questions left, a tiebreaker question will be asked to determine the HOH. Whoever answers closest without going over will be crowned the HOH. If both go over, then whoever is closest will be crowned the HOH

Tiebreaker question: “In seconds, how long was the “Microchip Mayhem” competition from the official start until the time that the last deletion dot was put into Bayleigh’s tube?”

Scottie is the closest as both he and Rachel go over. Scottie Salton is the new Head of Household!