The Johnny Green

The student news site of Weedsport

The Johnny Green

The student news site of Weedsport

The Johnny Green

The student news site of Weedsport

Are Yoga Pants Appropriate for School?

Are Yoga Pants Appropriate for School?
Danielle Mattison

We are in the midst of the Fall season. Temperatures are going down and students are now coming to school dressed more comfortably. Girls typically go for yoga pants. Yoga pants are a very controversial topic. People say that you should only wear yoga pants to the gym and what not, but they are also every girls fashion go to when they just want to be comfortable especially in school.

It is said that the item of clothing is “too tight” and “too revealing,” but usually that is not the case. I went around the school asking male and female students, and also going to the staff members to get their opinion on yoga pants. Every person interviewed said yes, agreeing to the fact that yoga pants are appropriate for school. Most of them had rules to wearing yoga pants, though, and if the rules weren’t followed then the girls should not be wearing them.

Rules included would be that girls should buy the right size. They shouldn’t be wearing anything too small on them because that would purposefully be made to show off body parts. Also, girls should be wearing the right top to go with it, and they should not have things being flaunted. The top should cover what it needs to cover.

Girls should be able to wear yoga pants. The pants are comfortable and sold almost everywhere. Even the school sells them with a warrior band on them. Saying yoga pants only belong in gyms is like saying when people wear athletic shorts and t-shirts to school that they should ONLY be allowed to wear them in a gym.

In my opinion, yoga pants are stylish and comfortable to be in all day long at school, as long as girl wear the right size. People say the pants are “too tight,” although they aren’t if girls just wear the right size. Personally, I wear them myself and they make a perfect outfit if you are in a rush or too lazy to put on jeans. I feel, and so do others, that yoga pants are appropriate for school even if they aren’t meant for school.