Senior Profile: Briana Hill

Gwen Catalano, Staff Writer

Brianna Hill is a senior at Weedsport Jr/Sr High School. She is a member of National Honor Society with many talents. Her big talent is playing multiple instruments including the piano, clarinet, some flute, and some saxophone. Brianna moved to Weedsport from North-eastern Pennsylvania and she believes that since she moved here, she has greatly improved in the music and Spanish fields.

While she is an amazing musician, she also loves Spanish. Her favorite teacher at Weedsport, if she has to choose, is Mrs. Matson. Mrs. Matson has taught her a lot about the Spanish language and culture and Brianna loves how energetic she is. After high school she plans to attend CCC for a couple years with a focus of liberal arts on education. After college, she hopes to become a Spanish teacher with English as a second language teacher. This realization came to her during her freshman year because she really enjoyed Spanish and knew that she wanted to somehow use that in her life.

When asked what advice she has for other people reaching for goals, she said to not give up. She used the example that when she was little, her parents made her play and practice piano, even though she didn’t want to, she wanted to quit. She says that now, since she pushed through that hard work and dedication, she loves playing piano and no longer has to be told to practice, she just does it for fun. She thinks that being in a small school enabled her to be able to focus more and learn a lot more being in a smaller school. If you don’t already see how talented she is, she has also attended All-County Band for three years and All-State.

In her free time, Brianna likes to read, cook and hunt. As stated, she loves to read and her favorite books are Sci-fi books and she loves Meghan Trainor. Brianna is clearly a very talented senior who sets goals for herself and pushes to get to them, even when she doesn’t necessarily always enjoy it. She can easily be seen as a role model to future students and seniors.