The Important Lessons of Le Petit Prince

Maddie Patchin, Staff Writer

It’s no secret to those who have read Le Petit Prince, a french masterpiece, that the book is full of meaningful life lessons.

Le Petit Prince is the third most translated book in the world with 250 different versions, so even if you aren’t familiar with the French language, you can read it any any other language! It was voted the best book of the twentieth century in France, along with being declared one of the best selling books ever published.

Weedsport’s own Madame Brown is one of many people who live by the book’s beautiful meanings. When she first read Le Petit Prince, Madame Brown said she saw the true meaning of life and how she could become a better person. She immediately knew she needed to share these valuable lessons with others, inside and outside of a classroom. This holds true to basically anyone who has found themselves immersed in its pages.

Le Petit Prince is a ticket to imagination, no matter how old the reader is. There are so many fascinating and profound lessons within the book that it’s difficult to take just one single lesson out of it. Teachers like Madame Brown want students to really imagine and understand these ideas of imagination and youth, and use them everyday.

She said she hopes students will smell and love a rose, tame their renards, know the difference between a good echo and a bad one, keep drawing, search for the well and drink from it, and that they never need sunsets, but that they see them whenever they do. And most of all, spend time with people who don’t need to ask what all of these lessons mean.

“For one can only truly see with the heart, what is important is invisible to the eyes.”