Bullying Issues and Advice

Deb Brown, Staff Writer

There have been issues with bullies in schools all over the country over the years. Some people are too afraid to go up to someone for help when they are getting bullied, and people watching don’t have the guts to do something about it. I asked some students, teachers, and family members what they would do if they saw someone getting bullied, and what advice they have for dealing with these kinds of situations.

If Mrs. Mullen saw someone getting bullied she wouldinterven, stand next to the person who is getting bullied and tell the bully that what he/she is doing is unacceptable and disrespectful. Mrs. Mullen’s advice for victims and bystanders would be to let someone know what is happening and to go to someone you really trust.

Sophomore, Madison Patchin would go tell a teacher immediately. Maddie’s advice for anyone who is involved is to not to be afraid to tell someone, even if it is hard because the consequences could be great.

Sophomore, Drake Butler would step in and break it up. Butler added that if his attempts failed, he’d stand up to the bully. Butler’s advice to kids getting bullied would be to not get down on yourself for it! Don’t blame yourself. Try talking to someone like your parents, siblings, friends, or even your teddy bear. He says that talking about it helps a lot. Butler added, “One hand washes the other, so it’ll come back around for you.”

Bullying is a horrible thing.The best thing to do is to not bully someone just because it makes feel tougher. It does not.