Lexi Randall Finishes Out Strong WHS Field Hockey Career

Tom Campbell, Staff Writer

Lexi Randall is one of Weedsport’s best students and best athletes. Lexi is a senior who plays varsity field hockey and varsity basketball.

Randall’s athletic career has been amazing at Weedsport. She has been to a sectional championship game for basketball and won sectionals in field hockey. “She has worked very hard to develop her talent,” said Theresa Leonardi, the varsity field hockey coach at Weedsport. “She has strong athletic ability.”

Randall has always been known as a good athlete all the way through high school. She said, “Along the way I had teachers and coaches pushing me to go to the next level.” This is evident by the fact that Randall has excelled at basketball and field hockey all four years of high school.

As Randall is getting ready for the next level; College. She would like to keep playing field hockey and has been interested in SUNY Brockport, St. John Fisher, and Syracuse University. “She certainly has the potential to play at college,” said Leonardi, considering Randall’s 41 career goals. “Lexi has a lot more field hockey season, and needs to stay focused.”

Lexi is a tremendous athlete, one Weedsport’s best, and it will be sad to see her go. Randall and the field hockey team are competing for the number one seed in sectionals this year, and still hopefully have a lot of season to go.

We wish Lexi luck with her future in athletics and also in her academic future!