Studio A24 Keeps Turning Out the Hits

Studio A24 Keeps Turning Out the Hits

Damon Roe, Staff Writer

Studio A24 has been pumping out award winners for years now and I’m highly anticipating their new releases coming in 2018. Some films in they’re impressive line-up include Moonlight, Lady Bird, The Florida Project, and The Disaster Artist.

Hereditary, Hot Summer Nights, Eighth Grade

Eighth Grade

In youtube star Bo Burnham’s directorial debut, a young girl just about to end eighth-grade deals with all the problems that people face at that age. From the trailer looking adorable and the 100% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, this movie looks adorable and it looks like it will remind of those awkward tween years you might not want to remember, in a good way to say the least.

IMDB synopsis: A teenager tries to survive the last week of her disastrous eighth-grade year before leaving to start high school.

Hot Summer Nights

Directed by Elijah Bynum and starring Oscar nominee Timothee Chalamet, Hot Summer Nights focus on Daniel, a young man, who spends his summer in Cape Cod and gets introduced to a new way of making money, and let me just say, it is illegal. This movie looks very unique and I am looking forward to it.

IMDB synopsis: A boy comes of age during a summer he spends in Cape Cod.

Hereditary

Directed by Ari Aster and starring Toni Collette, Hereditary is an indie horror film about a woman who finds out that her family ancestry is a little more sketchy than she seems, I always enjoy and respect small horror films that get big attention, like Jordan Peeleś Get Out. So iḿ excited for this one and I hope it gets more attention.