Big Brother 20 Week 3 Veto Competition and Ceremony

Chris Chalker, Student Life Editor

Week 3 is in full swing as Winston Hines and Brett Robinson, two members of the “Level Six” alliance, face eviction this week after being nominated by new Head of Household Scottie Salton. As always, the power of veto competition will give Winston and Brett a chance to win the veto and save one of themselves from eviction.

Before the veto competition occurs, three other houseguests will be selected by random draw to compete with the Head of Household and the two nominees. Those three houseguests are: Tyler Crispen, Rachel Swindler, Angie Lantry. The veto competition itself is a “Mamma Mia” themed competition in which houseguests must spin on some suspended bars 15 times (which will likely make them dizzy) and then must stack glasses in a pyramid structure on a platform. The catch is that they must hit a buzzer to refill a clock that has a short amount of time, if this clock runs out, the contestant is either eliminated from the competition or can chose to be a have-not for a week and start the pyramid all over again. Additionally, to refill their clock, each competitor must hit their buzzer and then spin the required amount of times before they can go back to stacking for the pyramid. The first houseguest to complete the pyramid will win the power of veto. Brett, who came very close to winning the veto, unfortunately times out and chooses to start over and become a have-not for a week. Scottie manages to pull ahead of the other contestants and win the power of veto.

Following the veto, a lot of drama unfolds inside of the house. Particularly drama surrounding Kaitlyn Herman, who doesn’t really seem to understand how this game works and believes that she had a “vision” of Brett and Winston conspiring to get her out. Turns out, her “vision”, was actually right because Winston and Brett approached Scottie with the idea of working together in a secret three person alliance and having him backdoor Kaitlyn this week. Scottie also doesn’t really seem to understand this game as he proceeds to then help Kaitlyn when she calls Brett and Winston out, showing that he really can’t be trusted. Scottie really hasn’t played all that smart of a game this week and people are seeing through it, much like they did with the flip voting he did last week.

The veto meeting comes with relatively no drama. Winston says he doesn’t what to campaign against his good friend and Brett mocks Kaitlyn’s “visions” and asks Scottie to use the veto. Ultimately, Scottie has decided not to use the veto, meaning either Brett or Winston will be evicted tomorrow unless Sam uses her “Bonus Life” power to save one of them, but this seems unlikely.