Big Brother 20 Week 5 Eviction and Head of Household Competition

Chris Chalker, Student Life Editor

As Week 5 of Big Brother 20 concludes, this means not only the end of the game for current nominees Brett Robinson and Rachel Swindler, but also the start of Week 6 under a new Head of Household (HOH). With the eviction looming over the nominees, houseguest Tyler Crispen and his alliance, “Level Six”, plan to flip the vote once again on the houseguests and vote to evict Rachel instead of Brett, but what has happened since the veto ceremony?

Post-Veto Ceremony

Bayleigh hilariously claims that this is the best HOH the house has had (um, no. It’s actually rated as one of, if not the, worst in this entire season).

Rachel flips out, but Brett on the other hand makes a pitch that if he leaves, the girls will so greatly outnumber the guys that they other guys will be walking out the door right behind him.

Tyler tells Brett about Bayleigh’s power app. Brett tries to think of a way to use this information to his advantage.

Haleigh and Brett lay in the hammock together for hours on end, making Faysal question her loyalties and whether or not she could possibly flip her vote… and probably is jealous of them.

Live Vote and Eviction

The live voting went as follows: as always, neither nominee is allowed to vote and neither is the Head of Household. One at a time, the houseguest will cast their votes to evict between nominees Brett Robinson and Rachel Swindler. Whoever receives the most votes will be evicted from the Big Brother house.

Angie Lantry has voted to evict Brett Robinson

Angela Rummans has voted to evict Rachel Swindler

Kaycee Clark has voted to evict Rachel Swindler

Scottie Salton has voted to evict Brett Robinson

Tyler Crispen has voted to evict Rachel Swindler

Sam Bledsoe has voted to Rachel Swindler

Faysal Shafaat has voted to evict Brett Robinson

JC Mounduix has voted to evict Rachel Swindler

Hayleigh Broucher has voted to evict Brett Robinson

By a vote of 5-4, Rachel Swindler has been evicted from the Big Brother house. Brett has avoided eviction twice now and gave a speech in which he outed the all-girl’s alliance and outed Bayleigh’s power app and blamed Rachel for both. Following Rachel’s eviction, the remaining houseguests, except for Bayleigh as outgoing Head of Household, compete in the Head of Household competition.

Head of Household- “Gif That Keeps On Giving”

The houseguests were shown gifs on the memory wall previously that will test their memory on what occurred in these gifs. If you answer a question incorrectly, you will be eliminated. The last person standing will win HOH.

Round 1: Kaycee Clark answers incorrectly and is eliminated.

Round 2: Everyone gets it right and moves on.

Round 3: JC Mounduix answers incorrectly and is eliminated.

Round 4: Sam Bledsoe answers incorrectly and is eliminated.

Round 5: Brett Robinson, Tyler Crispen, Faysal Shafaat, and Scottie Salton all answer incorrectly and are eliminated

Round 6: Haleigh Broucher is eliminated.

Round 7: Both Rockstar and Angela get it right. Time for a tiebreaker round.

Tiebreaker Question: “In seconds, what was the total time of the ‘Out On A Limb’ endurance competition from the official start until Tyler got the ground?”

Angie Lantry says 1,200 seconds and Angela Rummans answers with 3,000 seconds. Angela is the closest and wins the title of HOH. Host Julie Chen informs us of the second twist of the summer. The “Hacker Comp”, which allows a houseguest to “hack” the game. What does this mean for the houseguests and the game? That will be discovered on Sunday, along with who Angela will nominate for eviction.