Big Brother 20 Week 11 Veto Competition and Ceremony

Chris Chalker, Student Life Editor

With the nominations for Week 11 of Big Brother 20 in place, it’s time for the Veto Competition, which could be just the lifeline that current nominees Sam Bledsoe and Haleigh Broucher need to save themselves and potentially shift the target for the week. To recap what has happened so far, Scottie Salton was evicted again during the Week 10 live eviction episode and Kaycee Clark won Head of Household. Kaycee nominated Haleigh Broucher and Sam Bledsoe for eviction with Sam as the pawn and Haleigh as the target for the week.

Post-Nomination Ceremony

Kaycee says Haleigh needs to go this week and that she fully intends to go to the Final 4 with Level Six.

Sam talks in the Diary Room about how she wants to lose her cool because she was nominated by Kaycee. Tyler talks to Sam about this and tries to keep her calm so she doesn’t go home.

Brett and JC talk about the Veto and how they are the likely options for replacement nominees. Brett realizes that he needs to gun it in order to secure his safety this week.

The houseguests received messages from home in the form of “home videos”. Of all of seven videos, JC is the only one there who doesn’t get a video from his family and the reason behind that is that he doesn’t have a very good relationship with his family, which bothers him.

JC and Brett have had a growing friendship that is turning into a bromance, but Brett acknowledges that “everyone has an expiration date in this game, so JC’s time may come sooner rather than later”.

Veto Player Pick

Only six people will participate in the Veto Competition: the Head of Household, the two nominees, and three other players selected by random draw.

Kaycee Clark draws the chip of Tyler Crispen. Tyler will be set to compete in the Veto Competition.

Haleigh Broucher draws the chip of Angela Rummans. Angela will participate in the Power of Veto Competition.

Sam Bledsoe draws a houseguest choice chip. She chooses Brett Robinson to participate in the Power of Veto Competition.

Power of Veto Competition- “

All four members of Level Six will compete against Sam and Haleigh in this Power of Veto Competition.

In this competition, modeled off of the annual BB comics competition, unlike years past, houseguests must knock down cutouts of “imposter” houseguests. As always, each houseguest has their own superhero or supervillain comic and the houseguests must examine the comic book portraits to find out which cardboard cutouts are imposters. Whoever gets the correct imposters down and hits their buzzer in the shortest amount of time will win the Power of Veto.

Tyler locked in with a time of 6 minutes and 35 seconds

Sam locked in with a time of 15 minutes and 48 seconds

Brett locked in with a time of 7 minutes and 30 seconds.

Angela locked in with a time of 9 minutes and 53 seconds

Haleigh locked in with a time of 18 minutes and 56 seconds

Kaycee locked in with a time of 2 minutes and 17 seconds.

This means that Kaycee has won the Power of Veto for the third consecutive week!

Post-Veto Competition

Tyler tells Kaycee that JC wants him to target Kaycee and Angela and throws Brett’s name out, saying that JC claimed he had Brett on board to take a shot at them. Tyler is convinced that Brett is not being loyal to their alliance and is prepared to tune on them.

Veto Ceremony

Kaycee has decided not to use the Power of Veto, meaning that Sam and Haleigh are this weeks final nominations.

Who will be evicted from the Big Brother house: Sam or Haleigh? Who will rise to power in the Double Eviction? And who will be the second houseguest evicted? Stay tuned for those answers.