Mother’s Day Gift Ideas

Mothers Day Gift Ideas

Gwen Catalano, Staff Writer

It’s that time of the year again, Mother’s Day. In Elementary School, you never had to really think about what you were going to get for your mom. You’d make a macaroni necklace or something you’d cut out and color. But now that you’re older, the question really comes clear. What should you get your mom for Mother’s Day?

For the non-creative people, the answer to this question has to go beyond the simple “make her something.” Buying her a card is always one option. But if you’re looking for something more meaningful, there is always the option of chocolate, flowers, jewelry, taking her out to dinner, a gift card, gardening tools/seeds, some plants, a humorous book, or a #1 mom item.

For the people that are willing to pay in labor, which probably isn’t many, a few, not-too-hard ideas are making her breakfast in bed, do the dishes for her, or do her chores for the day. For the creative people, you can do so many things. You can make her something, or do something humorous like making a “Day without me complaining or arguing” coupon that she can use.

While that was just some ideas, students at Weedsport have also come up with some very good ideas. In the creative category, Jada Sterling made her mom a caricature, which is a cartoon picture of her, and Deb Brown made her mom a book of poems. Kathleen Romano gets her mom a card, flowers and earrings.

Why we celebrate Mother’s Day is often forgotten. Some people don’t even celebrate it. But Mother’s Day is the one day of the year meant to really thank your mom for everything she does for you, whether it be doing your medical stuff, helping you with last-minute projects, or making you dinner every night. Mother’s Day is the defined days dedicated to the mothers that make our world go round. You might not want to admit it, but mothers are a big part of your life. Make sure to thank them for all they do, not just on Mother’s Day but every day.