The Johnny Green

The student news site of Weedsport

The Johnny Green

The student news site of Weedsport

The Johnny Green

The student news site of Weedsport

Weedsport Senior Zoey Powers is Working Toward a Stylish Future

Zoey Powers is a senior at Weedsport, she keeps herself very busy between school, BOCES, and work. 

Powers goes to BOCES for Cosmetology. Once Powers gets to BOCES she gets into her uniform which consists of a coat and black pants. These are typically paired with Crocs or sneakers. At BOCES she either does book work or goes to the floor and does services. Powers favorite part is waxing, she mainly waxes eyebrows and armpits. 

On top of school, Powers has a job in Skaneateles at a salon called Bijou. Powers is the receptionist at Bijou and her day consists of answering calls, making appointments, confirming appointments, and cleaning. 

Powers said, “I plan on going to OCC in the fall for business. After college, I would like to pursue doing hair and hopefully one day open my own salon.” When considering a college Powers chose Onondaga because of the money, commute, and other things they offered tailored to what she liked. 

Although Powers has a very full schedule she is a great example of how to follow your dreams. Powers found something she liked and decided to stick with it and one day hopes to do it for a living.