Mr. Ward Will Be Missed

Madison Patchin, Staff Writer

On October 30th, Weedsport will be losing one of its admired staff members, Mr. Kenn Ward. Mr.Ward has touched the hearts of so many students and teachers here at Weedsport. He tells the Johnny Green, “This is like leaving my family.”

Mr.Ward has always told others to go after their dreams, and that is exactly what he did. Mr.Ward has earned a higher position at Port Byron that he worked day after day to acquire. However, chasing this dream wasn’t easy for him. He says, “I want people to know that this was really not an easy decision.” It may have been difficult to make this courageous decision, but in the end Mr.Ward took his chance to make a difference in another community.

At Port Byron, Mr.Ward will be the Athletic Director and the Assistant Principal. In this position he will be faced with a lot of responsibility. As the Assistant Principal, it will be Mr.Ward’s responsibility to monitor the student’s and staff’s behavior. He will also have to give advice to both students and teachers on interacting with each other. He will also be there for anyone who needs support, whenever they need it. Lastly, Mr.Ward will have to be in charge of discipline, which is an aspect of his new job he is less excited about.

For years, Mr.Ward has provided people in the Weedsport community with respect, love, and plenty of support. Many students at Weedsport look up to him and know that they can always count on his trait of being a great listener. Mr.Ward wants people to know that “this is a great place to be,” and that he “will cherish the memories.” Mr.Ward will be greatly missed, and it won’t be the same without him here. He wishes that everyone knows, “No matter where I end up, Weedsport will always be a part of me.”