Adam Poupore: Weedsport Art Virtuoso

Adam+Poupore

Adam Poupore

Lindsay Mickle, Staff Writer

Over the past four years, Adam Poupore has become one of the most well known and gifted artists in Weedsport. He has a very expressive art style that features self portraits as his favorite pieces to do. Next year he plans on attending college where he wants to major in illustrative art. The Johnny Green recently sat down with an interview with Adam to find out more on his perspective of the art program throughout high school, as well as any advice he had for younger artists.

Q: To what extent do you feel your art skills have improved from freshman year to now?

“I feel they have definitely improved a lot. I still have a lot to learn but I’ve gotten so much better drawing realistic things and finding my own art style.”

Q: What opportunities do you think were offered to you in Weedsport that contributed to your artistic success?

“All of the art classes that are offered and the incredible art teachers.”

Q: Do you think there are aspects of the art program in Weedsport that could be changed in order to give equal opportunity to all students interested in art?

“I personally think that the art program is generally well-rounded. There’s a class for basically anything someone might be interested in from simple to more complex stuff.”

Q: What have been some of your favorite projects/pieces you have done during your time in high school?

“We made ocarinas which was really fun. (Ocarinas are basically just little whistles). Also the silk painting where we made scarves was also really fun. Also any portrait project we have done  I really enjoyed because that’s one of my favorite things to do.”

Q: Are you planning on continuing to focus on art throughout college and your career?

“Yes! I am planning on majoring in illustration in college.”

Q: What advice do you have for younger students who want to pursue paths in the art program similar to yours?

“Just be confident in your work! Love what you do and if it’s truly your dream then follow it!”

Be sure to check out the gallery below to see some of his work!